Trigger Phrase: For these, say your Alexa trigger phrase first ("Hello Alexa" by default).
Adjusting Settings: Alexa uses a separate app and web site to configure settings for news, weather, sports, and traffic. You can download the Alexa app from Google Play or visit alexa.amazon.com.
- "Flash briefing." - Gives you a summary of today's news. Swipe left and right to go to the previous or next story.
- "What's the weather."
- "What's the weather for [tomorrow]?"
- "What's the weather for [Saturday]?"
- "What's the weather for [July 23rd]?"
- "Will it [rain] [tomorrow]?"
- "What's the weather in [Washington, DC]?"
- "Sports update." - A quick summary of how your favorite teams have done.
- "What was the score of the [Cubs] game?"
- "Who is winning the [Cubs] game?"
- "What's my commute look like?"
- "What’s traffic like right now?"